Dear Diary,
Today was another nightmare for me. I was feeling cloud nine as my parents decided that we would be going shopping. Nevertheless, we didn't get to shop around, after a misunderstanding of me breaking someone's window.
I was passing the ball with my neighbour and my heart wasn’t really there at all. Suddenly, the ball hit the glass of a shop and I was being reprimanded, just because I was a Jew and nobody would choose to believe what I said, not even an explanation by my neighbour and he was actually accused of shielding me. I was traumatized by the incident and I wept. Soon enough, the police arrived. My poor neighbour tried to explain that it was him that was the culprit, but they did not believe him. Fortunately, my dad came and he questioned me. Dad understood the situation and he tried to intimidate the owner with a steady tone, feeling convicted, the owner was afraid to answer to what my dad said, but out of a good heart Dad offered to pay for the damaged caused.
“You don't think you have to protect this rotten Jew boy because you're living in the same house, do you?”
Ungratefully the owner said this. Everyone was the same. They just hate us and think that we are to be taken like dirt. Nobody would ever believe what I said anymore. No more, not even dad.
Friedrich