Dear Diary
How sad it was today, when Her Resch came to our house and wanted to evict us from the rented house, just because we are Jew. I really do not want to live with this kind of injustice anymore. I'm getting sick of it and this just wouldn’t stop. People think that we are their affliction, how I hated myself and how I wish I could end my life, but by faith I stayed strong and I have to go through this together with my parents. Being Sick, Lethargic and filled with hatred, I shall only give up over my dead body.
Dad was in a dampened spirit. He had lost his job and how could live go on for us? Being jobless is equivalent to no source of income. We can only suffer this fate and not to work for the government and we still have a source of hope on other private jobs available.
Today, we were at the court to fight for our rights to remain as tenant. After heated arguments and justifying, we finally won the case! This was the happiest moment in my life. We finally had a roof over our heads. The judge showed me how justice was upheld, I was really gratified.
Today, our teacher, Herr Neudorf, talked to us about Jews. He was fair and he told us all the things regarding to Jews and why was discrimination occurring. He told me that I have to attend a Jewish school. However, he asked all my classmates to give me their support and to remain as my friend. Although the teacher was finding ways to make all Jews feel better, but I knew what the purpose to enroll a Jewish school and that the teacher was trying to encourage us.
Friedrich