What's with love
That makes me
Then breaks me,
Setting me apart?
When in love
How to prove if I'm truly in love?
Is there a formula to love?
Or does illusion reflects love?
Love is a mystery
That not all understands it.
Lost are those
That cant find the answer.
But blessed are those
who found it.
And to realise it
The answer is just standing right before me.
This was the poem written for school assignment. I was inspired after going to service on sunday, where I was ministered and was convicted by the love of God. I've been seeking the answer and finally I found. It's always right before me, but I failed to realise it. It is only He that is able to love unconditionally and be with me for my "Ups" and Downs" of my life.
Even though it is tired and not easy to walk this narrow way to life, but I can trust Him for strenght and press on. I do not want to walk the easy broadway to destruction.
Anyway, this is my first time writing a poem and the requirement is 3 literary devices and it must be effective enough to bring out the poem. I seriously don't know if it was effective enough, so if it isn't, some guidance please?