Friday, November 13, 2009

Genesis

Hey ALL!


Behold, the day . . we've been longing !

AND



I'm proud to say that what we've suppose to prepare for four years is now done and over!

This is a cliche but it never fails to surprise me, time flies! I still remember I had an English teacher back in Sec 1 days. She told us not to think the days to O levels is forever and four years would just past so fast; by the time you know it you are already in the exam hall.

THATS exactly what went through my mind when I sat for my English Paper right on the very first day!

Well here are my thoughts for this year's O levels. For starters, I think the schedule really made life miserable for most candidates. First week, the first was English paper obviously and followed by "THE MATH ARMAGEDDON"; where we have E.Math P1, P2 and A.Math P1, P2.

The obvious thing to do will be to practice the math like crazy a week before and I DID THAT! Gosh, I've never really done my E.Math before and I'm proud to have completed at least 3/4 of the TYS I bought! The trend for math is that its always easy and tricky but yet the A1 cut off always remain high. For A.math my A1 is ruled out, I only got 75% maybe a A2 or B3 at best? Only those elites up there get their A1s. For E.math I still stand some chances though.

Here's why the schedule made life miserable. Guess what? The second week or should I say by the last day of the first week when I tried revising SCIENCES, it seemed like I've totally lost touch with it! To make things worst, the science papers was coupled together with elective humanities; subjects like Geography and Social Studies. These two subjects, I studied with my fingers crossed!

I employed the spotting and studying smart "thang" and it worked in some ways but yet I think it was screwed anyway. For Social Studies, I only studied and memorised for one theme Globalisation. For any normal SS student, tell that to them and they will tell you its suicide! Well, my spot was correct and for those many many people out there who studied VENICE, C'est La Vie. For Geography, I felt like I wasn't sitting for my syllabus at all. High weightage questions came out but never learnt before and no map work! Combined Humanities, a B4 at best?

YEAP! This was the last paper I sat for today!



It ended with MCQs. I think I got a 37/40?

1 mark above the national's average, secured A1? I'm not sure. But I did my best!


Frankly speaking, I already burnt out since the second week of papers and the studying level wasn't as vigorous as the week before Os.

This just meant I've prepared sufficiently wayyyyyyy before!

RIGHTT!

Enough of the wordy post!

What sort of pictures do you expect from O levels yea?

I believe I'll be filled with satiation when I get back the result next year! Minimally L1B4 would be at 15 and the best 7? I'm aiming real hard to get below 11 and I'm confident; wish me best of luck!

And here's giving credit where credit it due to see me through my Os!

Thank you Atikah Ali for the calculator!

I'll return it to you real sooooon!

Til then , I'm out xD