Friday, August 17, 2007

Posting after a Long Time......

I think I've seemed to have slacken off from studies after since the June holidays. My Mother Tongue really cannot make it, I tried to study myself but it just don't work. My Maths and English are still ok, but now science is a problem. After since Ms Neo was changed to Ms Lye and so on, my interest for science had diminished. Not that I don't care, but I'm not used to the teaching style. I can't really learn much without taking down notes, although there is still note taking. But this time round, we just need to fill in the blank. Teacher explain a point while we take it down and by the time I finished Teacher is already at the next point.

But all thanks to Chuan Wei that spark my interest in science agian. He introduced me to the Space things, which involve Physics. Things like the Black Hole and the Large Hadron Collider project. There's two documentary that about this from the BBC horizon and it's pretty interesting. I further went on to find out more and he also helped me borrowed a book " Timeless Reality". A good book, but I don't agree to the theory of the Professor that wrote the book. It gives a good introduction to Quantum Mechanics and the brief history of science. The book although has many scientific term that require much research, but it's already made simpler for readers. With some knowledge about science and I still have got a lot yet to know, I decided to read the Textbook. I've never touch it since the beginning of this year only until recently, as My Lye doesn't use textbook to teach and so the rest also. It's when I read I begin to understand about what the teacher explain in class. They extract things out, without us knowing about the context of their explanation and so I did not understand.

I also want to thanks Michelle for asking me to start reading. After Primary 4, I've not been reading until last year it improved and now more. I develop the interest to read. I started out very bad, I could read a while and I doze off but I woke up and continued. This trained me to persevere and now my stamina for reading is much better. Wikipedia is my favourite website for information. Practically, you can find anything in there if you want to.

I've also been downloading many movie since the start of this month. I watched the whole series of Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings, and many recent shows. And also three other documentary. It's like movie marathon and time pass really fast if you are captivated by the movie.

Anyway, I feel that I really need to buck up in studies. End Of Year Examination is just round the corner. It's just 5 weeks away from now and it will decide the stream my education next year. Really hope I can do well.

Gonna stop here. If you have reached here, thanks for reading and leave a tag too!