Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cloud Nine or 10?

Hey guys! Back to update a little more about the End of Year Examination.

All of us received our EL Paper 1 today and I'm so happy that I scored well for it. Remember back a few previous post I said I wrote the compo "Determination"? I said that I wrote the essay in a blogging kind of style. Its like a true account of myself and whatever came to me I just wrote it. I didn't really thought it would do my any good but to my surprised it worked!

This time round our class did fairly well for writing. The average marks is around 19/30 and I think maybe 3 -4 got 23/30, an A1 for it. Well, I'm inside the 3-4 category and its like a breakthrough for me in English. Never had I scored a distinction in any particular EL paper before.

I calculated my overall for English this term and I actually got a 68%, B3. Kind of wasted, its just 2 more % away from distinction. Its the highest I guess across the level as I heard, nobody got distinction though.

I really want to thank one person, without her I think I can barely do what I've accomplished now. And she's none other than Michelle! She used to be my tutor for Maths and English in my Secondary 2 years. I wasn't really geared to the style of writing and reading in the past. So its like suggested that I blog in proper English more to practice my flow of language. Of course its not just about blogging, I tried everytime to pick up new words and fill up my vocab tank. This is where http://www.dictionary.com/ comes in handy. Its like whenever I come across words that I don't know, I will try to find some time to look up on it.

Reading really helps and like I always say, http://www.wikipedia.org/ is a good place to start! Just read a simple featured article everyday if there is no particular topic you have interest in.

Oh yea, watch more English Drama Series. Up til now I'm hooked to quite a few drama series and of course lots (really alot) of English movies. Drama would now be: Prison Break, Heroes, House MD, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and The Big Bang Theory. Awesome would be the word to describe all these Tv shows. I bet with you, just one episode of any one of it, you will want to go on and watch more.

Here's a little preview for The Big Bang Theory:
(I promise you will love it =) )

Wolowitz:



And this Sheldon: